At first glance, the topics offered seem geared for just accounting professionals. Although that is the main industry we specialize in, I assure you – there’s something here for everyone. Our wide variety of workshops are jammed-packed with quality content and taught with our trademark entertaining methods. After you attend one of RPM’s workshop or retreats, you just may find yourself coming back for more.
- Practice management ‘Melting pot‘
- Practice profitability
- Improving processes
- Successful practice checklist
- Value billing
- Admission of new partners
- Buying & selling a practice
- Effective use of time sheets: Discovering the gold hidden within
- Time management
- Balancing work & life
- Hiring: Selecting the right team members for a practice
- Why have employees?
- Employees: retention & motivation
- Team meetings & retreats
- Employee’s perspective: Becoming a more attractive candidate for any firm
Delivered how you want.
In addition to public presentations at events, you also have the option of having more private sessions for your business.
À la carte
Description: The workshop directory above includes many topics that are often of interest or pain points for business owners and leaders. However, should you have a topic for which you would appreciate a presentation or a facilitator, Jean-Guy would be happy to share what he knows based on his many years in practice.
Jean-Guy only presents on topics on which he has extensive personal experience..
Description: RêveNew Practice Management (RPM) hosts retreats on site at the venue of your choice. Our RPM/T&A Training Centre is available for your team of up to 70 as well. All of our retreats are presented in a fun and engaging manner.
The retreat includes any of the following:
- SWOT analysis
- The direction of the firm/company
- Concentration on employee growth (how they see themselves, what they want for their futures, what they like/dislike etc.)
- Looking ahead to be a cutting-edge firm
*All retreat content is customizable and is really dependent on a consultation between Jean-Guy/team and the organizer.
Business 101 Bootcamp
Description: After consultation with the organizer, we can customize a program combining many of our workshops and seminars together. Clients can book RPM for a 1-5 day period to present all of RPM’s workshops to management or the whole team.
Description: A two-day Bootcamp to teach new and existing business owners all the basics of running a business including:
- The importance of required government filings (sales taxes, payroll taxes, and income taxes)
- How to organize your bookkeeping and keep it up to date
- What types of business structures can benefit your business
- Keys to success including budgeting, finding and hiring good employees, and how to be an effective leader
- How to market your business, including the importance of following leads and other referrals
Who will benefit: New business owners, or existing business owners who want to take their business to the next level
Section 1 – Business basics
- Basic, ground-level business information
- Regular remitting requirements
- Do I need to collect GST/HST and/or PST?
- How do I collect GST/HST and/or PST?
- Filing frequency, due dates, etc.
- Business number & name
- Do I need a business number?
- How do I get a business number?
- Do I need to register my business name?
- How do I register my business name?
- Filing Taxes
- When are my taxes due?
- How are my taxes calculated?
- What is required for my business taxes?
- Setting aside funds in advance
Section 2 – Proper business recording – Tracking expenses and revenue.
- Do I need to use bookkeeping software?
- Is a synoptic (manual or electronic) enough?
- How do I select the right bookkeeping software for my business?
- What can be claimed as a business deduction?
- What are mileage logs and do I need to use them?
- Can I write off a portion of my home expenses?
- How long to keep records?
- What CRA deems acceptable recordkeeping?
Section 3 – Business Structures
- Corporations vs. partnerships vs. sole-proprietors
- Should I incorporate?
- When is it worthwhile to incorporate?
- How am I taxed – based on each structure?
- Benefits and drawbacks of each structure
Section 4 – Management Keys – The intangible keys to running a business.
- How to create an effective budget and how yourself accountable
- How to reach different goals using a budget (cash flow, debt repayment, etc)
- Determine where to splurge and where to be sparing
- Choosing between employees and subcontractors
- Hiring and firing staff
- How to effectively motivate your team
- How to make the most of your reports and financial statements
Section 5 – Customer Service and Marketing
- Brand recognition and getting your name out there
- Moving on from word of mouth
- Understanding the importance of leads
- Basing advertisements on the clients you are trying to attract
- Media options available
- How to make clients cheerleaders
- How to motivate your staff
Section 6 – Building a rewarding business
- What is your ‘Why’
- How to respect your own time
- How to teach others to respect your time
- How to avoid burnout